Saturday, July 24, 2010

Saturday night is a fine time to blog about meeting losers from the Internet

On this Saturday night I am not quickly blogging these words to you while the hottie I am out with is in the bathroom, but rather, I am happily in my childhood home in suburban Maryland, away from the manifestations of my hubris.


"There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we now know we don’t know. But there are also unknown unknowns. These are things we do not know we don’t know."

—United States Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld


I know that the above quote from the former Secretary of Defense sounds convoluted (known known) so I, as current Secretary of Defense Mechanisms, will shed some light on what he meant, using the battlefield of my love as an illustrative tool.

  • A known known is that dating strangers from the Internet provided me with nearly hassle free romantic anonymity for six simple months.
  • A known unknown is the extent and nature of the complications that shall result from my failure to stick to the original blueprint.
  • An unknown unknown is ???
Show me the someone who can wrap their head around that last one and I will date that wise knows-it's-not-a-know-it-all. Also, if that someone can use a hammer and is taller than me and/or owns a ladder, they will be promoted to Secretary of Interior Design.

1 comment:

  1. your readership enjoys the refreshing availability of a topic they are used to having to gossip about whether it is restricted to online experiences or not. in fact you are freeing your content potential from its prior limitations. unless you feel this blog has reached its natural end i don't think you need to do anything DRASTIC like obtain a new url

    ReplyDelete