Thursday, July 8, 2010

Up where they walk, up where they run, up where they give you their real name

Given that the population of Brooklyn alone exceeds that of DC by five-fold, it's surprising that the apparent user base of OkCupid in BK has not delivered much in the way of motivation for me to keep on keepin' on. Traveling an hour on a subway for a date that doesn't contain a modicum of joy is a failure at life itself. Sigh. It is true. All the best people to go on 1-3 dates with, trade briefly halfhearted text communications for pipe dream future plans, then forget about, are not online, but out there. Like Ariel, the Little Mermaid, I've been to the surface and have returned with worldly knowledge and dissatisfaction in my heart and mind.

As for the title and primary subject of this blog, the word "Online" has fallen into a certain amount of obsolescence in my personal life, as my offline dating club bears more fruit. I yield to you as I would to a paternal authority, shaking in my boots at your possible disapproval. Can this blog be emancipated from a life in the sea of online creepers and dorks?

1 comment:

  1. i would have no problem with reading about your offline dating adventures.

    ReplyDelete