Sunday, April 18, 2010

No, no, it's okay, I'd rather get mugged and raped

When your date offers to walk you home and you forcefully decline, preferring to take your chances with the bad guys in the street, you are on an awful date. The extent of tonight's awfulness was particularly disappointing because this man, living less than a football field's length away from my home, possessed extraordinary geographic convenience that appeals very much to the extraordinarily lazy like myself. Also tonight's awfulness makes me more and more sure that those times when one does find something that is pretty good, that that is pretty great, and one should be pretty careful not to let those somethings slip through the cracks.

2 comments:

  1. Your former roommate, AApril 21, 2010 at 6:10 PM

    This reminded me of the line in that great documentary travelogue, Dumb and Dumber, about displaying one's "rapist wit."

    ReplyDelete