Wednesday, June 9, 2010

My what regular sized pupils you have!

My new work schedule has made evening dating a near impossibility. I don't know why this has taken me so many months to figure out, but meeting for lunch before work is an amazing thing. I recommend it to everyone who works from 3:30-midnight five nights a week. Yesterday I had lunch with an Internet pen pal two hours before I had to be at work. The forced deadline for a date's termination provides a comfortable and non-awkward exit strategy for a skittish dater. The experience was also notable in that not one drop of alcohol was consumed by either my date or myself. In fact we went so far as to conclude the date by mildly caffeinating ourselves. Confronted by the obvious benefits of avoiding a profound reduction of inhibitions when hanging out romantically with someone new, I learned I don't need liquor to have a good time with strangers from the Internet. As for the daylight: the better to see you with my dear.

No comments:

Post a Comment