Wednesday, September 1, 2010

When Irony Is Cruel

In my last post, I mentioned that my current relationship exists only because of the long-distance factor of his real relationship. Ironically we are now apart too. This makes me think our relationship is not one anymore. Or at least at-risk. To emphasize these concerns, my paramour left NYC impromptu style. Already on the road, he informed via text message that he had peaced. Then dead Ann Landers turned in her grave. Then I had dinner with my ex-boyfriend. Not for any related reason, he was just in town.

So now what? Well, he was cheerful on the phone and said the departure is just for a bit until a job presents itself here. The job market is bad however. Also I'm kind of mad. Call me old-fashioned but I am into farewell ceremony. If I were a celebrity, the tabloids would have a hard-on for the parade of material I would be on the verge of giving them, for I am feeling very single and romantically carefree right now and I like to pose for photos.

I feel pretty bummed out, like one does when they realize they lost their favorite sweater because they got too drunk, and now they have to go to a store that has a lot of crap in it to find a new one. Hi OkCupid, I am back.

No comments:

Post a Comment