Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Sweating the small stuff

As a broadminded freethinker, who practices cultural relativism, I believe anyone should be allowed to wear any kind of pants they want and listen to any records they think are groovy. But lets not mince words when it comes to the devastating toll aesthetic discrepancies can have on the viability of a romance.

There are some handsome guys on here who are curing feline AIDS and mentoring underprivileged youth with autism that take moments out of their busy days to wink at me. I am flattered by their attention, and I think, hey - this guy. But then they have to do something like be wearing Dockers in one of their photos. I’m not trying to sound like, or be a stupid jerk but could you imagine? Once a guy put Dave Matthews Band on to get me in the mood, and with that music playing I was physically unable to proceed because, well…. I don’t feel like I need to justify myself. I can only proceed when I can proceed. He turned the music off and everything worked out fine, which means there remains hope should they remove their pants.

1 comment:

  1. This post was inappropriate. I think that you should tone it down in case kids stumble upon this site.
    --Jake

    ReplyDelete